Is it not great to be able to quickly heat up a nutritious breakfast that tastes good or back it along in lunch for work or daycare!
I am new to baked oatmeal and now I am in love! I love oatmeal and it is already quick and easy but I like to add more then just plain which takes time. I have tried over night and don’t mind it but nothing beats (in my books) warm!
I have looked at many recipes and here is my rendition.
1 cup fresh berries *
1 cup chopped/ pealed apple
2 cups oats
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 cups any milk of your choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 pinches salt
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1) pre heat oven 375
2) oil or spray your baking dish
3) in a bowl mix all the dry ingredients
4) in another bowl mix all the wet
5) mix both together then pour into baking dish
6) make sure Evan in the dish and put in the oven for around 40 min – this depends on your ovens temperament.
7) once baked let cool and cut into even pieces and you are ready to serve.
When you are ready to eat this yummy dish you can re heat in oven or microwave and maybe add a little more milk for some moisture or eat as it.
* if you choose frozen it will take longer to bake due to the extra moisture.
Enjoy with love!